It’s been five years since the Collinsville Woman’s Club launched THE EMPTY BOWL fundraiser to combat local hunger. Since that time, with strong, community-wide support, hundreds of empty bowls have been filled for the hungry. Profits are donated to the Collinsville Food Pantry.
Please join us for our 2017 EMPTY BOWL on Ash Wednesday, March 1, 2017 (11 a.m. – 2 p.m.), at the Gateway Convention Center in Collinsville. (Please use Back Entrance.) Purchase a $10 ticket, and enjoy a simple soup meal featuring more than FORTY, meat and meatless soups. Taste as many as you like, and vote for your favorite (a dollar a vote). Carla’s pies will be available for purchase. Then sit back and relax for the stage program – with added surprises for our 5TH ANNIVERSARY!
PLEASE HELP ANY WAY YOU CAN!
- Purchase tickets. Tickets are available from any Collinsville Woman’s Club member, at the Collinsville Chamber of Commerce and local businesses, or may be purchased at the door. Carry-outs are available the day of the event.
- Donate soup. Soups, donated by area restaurants and licensed vendors, are the highlight of
the Empty Bowl event. Four gallons are required per donation. For more information, see below.
- Help spread the word. We need your help to reach everyone in the community. Please include information in newsletters, church bulletins, classrooms, marquees, store fronts – everywhere you can!
- Purchase a program ad (NEW this year)! Ad deadline: Tuesday, February 14.
- Donate for the Silent Auction. Contribute an item or bid on several, one-of-a-kind pieces.
- Make a monetary donation. Contributions of ANY size are greatly appreciated. Checks should be made payable to Collinsville Woman’s Club, P.O. Box 368, Collinsville, IL 62234.
SOUPS & THEIR DONORS
Zuppa Toscano | Collinsville Fire Department
Loaded Potato Soup | Sloan’s Pub House
Vegetable Beef Barley | Ravanelli’s Restaurant
Chicken Tortilla | CMC Rotary Club
Cream of Potato | EPV Solutions
Brunswick Stew (Smokey Bones) | Collinsville Faith in Action
Stuffed Cabbage | BIG FROG Custom T-Shirts & More
Potato (Horshoe Lounge & Restaurant) | St. John’s Community Care
Chili | Collinsville Education Scholarship Foundation
Vegetable Beef | Boogie’s Restaurant & Sports Bar
Cream of Spinach | Liberty Village
Unstuffed Cabbage Spirit of Sharing (S.O.S.) Soup Kitchen
White Cheddar Poblano Pepper Southwest | Jack Schmitt Ford Lincoln
Potato | Cambridge House
Sweet Potato Chili (Meat) | Woods Basements
Sweet Potato Chili (Meatless) | Woods Basements
Mexican Wedding Soup | Ramon’s El Dorado Restaurant
Chicken Noodle | Sodexo CUSD 10
Chicken Tortilla | Edison’s Entertainment Complex
Baked Potato Soup | Lotawata Creek
Chicken Noodle | Golden Corral
Broccoli Cheese | Applebee’s Neighborhood Grill & Bar
Chicken and Dumplings | Bert’s Chuck Wagon
Lemon Chicken | Fazzi’s
Cold Raspberry | Lunch for the Bunch
Clam Chowder | Empty Bowl Committee
Chicken and Wild Rice | Willard’s Formal Wear
Hot & Sour Soup (Peking Gardens) | Sunrise Kiwanis
Ham & Bean | The Mane Attraction Hair Studio Boutique & Spa
Italian Chicken Tortellini | Spiritos Italian Grocery
French Onion | Collinsville Woman’s Club
Cheese Tortellini | All Pro Tee’s
Broccoli Cheddar | Bob Evans Farms Restaurant
Tomato Bisque | Porter’s Steakhouse (Contact at Double Tree)
Cream of Potato | Red Apple Family Restaurant
Vegetable Minestrone | Knights of Columbus
Broccoli Cheese | Ruby Tuesday Restaurants
Chicken and Rice | AdvantaCLEAN
Cheesy Broccoli | Shear Images Salon & Photography
Fisherman’s Bouillabaisse & Virgin Bloody Mary Soup | Bio-Fresh Carpet Cleaning
Zupa Pizziola | Spectra Food Services at Gateway Center
White Chicken Chili (Conway’s Catering & Deli) | Collinsville Jr. Service Club
Chicken Gnocchi | Cedarhurst of Collinsville
For more information on soup donations and other areas, please contact:
Let’s make this EMPTY BOWL bigger than ever – and fill the bowls for our folks in need. THANK YOU!